How do you deal with criticism when someone taunts you for mistakes or criticizes your actions, habits or thoughts?
Basically, we have three options to face the criticism:-
- Accept it
- Justify it, or
- Deny it
I think they all work and have enough potential to shut the mouth of critics.
Accept it: When you are not ready for a long fight. You decided to remain silent or just said, “yes, I have or I did.” with full confidence.
Justify it: When you think it is needed to justify your actions and thoughts. You have logics to prove yourself right.
Deny it: Simply with the thought of being always right. “I do not need your concern.” “Let me decide my next move.” “That’s not your business.” etc.
But one thing that matters a lot in every situation is your ‘Attitude’. It is a powerful tool to strengthen your all weaknesses.
When you feel empowered you can beat any problem, face any criticism and win in any situation.
Rainbow and mud.
In simple words,
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
~(Newton’s third law)
As rain brings both rainbow and mud, our all actions give outcomes; desired or unexpected, good or bad. If you want to enjoy rain and rainbow then you should be ready to walk through mud.
Brightness and heat.
You do something for own happiness, that can be a cause of other’s worries. Your words of sympathy can make other’s angry.
Fragrance and thorns.
If you have desire to get something, you must have dare to accept and embrace it’s both sides.
“Beauty of life is in complimenting and completing each other’s imperfections and inabilities, not in competing for superiority.”
If everyone will be perfect then why would we need each other.
In my post Way to your way , I wrote that you have to create your own way to fulfill your dreams. The best way is which straightly comes from your heart and ends at your dream.
(For traditional occupations)
Now, you have two choice:-
1) Create a totally new way,
2) break/modify the existing way
1) Completely new way:-When you have great knowledge of recent trends and future demands. You are ready to take risks, stand alone and have full confidence on your vision.
2) Break/modify the existing way:- When you know the existing method of working is not enough or you aren’t comfortable with it. You want to make it more easier and convenience.
(For art or talent based career)
Here, you can do the same as mentioned above but you should be more careful If you want to be an artist because you have to engage with more people.
- Practice. This is the key to make yourself better in the desired field.
- Social circle. You should meet more people, should have a charismatic personality and communication.
- Attitude. Act as you have done and achieved more than people think.
At the end, I must want to say that nobody will consider you capable or successful unless you call yourself.
If you think you’ll call yourself successful after winning all the struggles, then you are wrong. It will remain with you lifetime and you have to fight with it to secure your achievements.
Hence, work for self- development and improve yourself for self betterment.