How easy is this to say:-
“forget the past & move forward.”
“Leave the past, think about the next.”
This is really difficult to forget some bitter incidents and experiences in life. We know this has been happened and we can’t change it.
We try hard to move forward in life but something pulls us back.
Normally, human takes more time to forget such awful memories because of:-
2) Obstinate mindset
3) Resist of changes
Human feel insecure after facing contradictory situations. They have fear of taking wrong decisions as they took in the past. They do not want to face such difficulties again. This fear prevents them from moving forward.
Obstinate mindset :-
When people hardly accept their mistakes and the outcome of their actions. Such people prefer to blame others and circumstances instead of moving forward. They keep focus on justifying their acts.
Resist of change :-
Many unexpected things come from the changes. People mostly fail to understand the reasons behind occurrences. They take time to grasp everything.
However, The tendency of understanding this is different in every person. Everyone has ability to come out from such difficulties and challenges.
Confidence, self-trust and positive attitude will surely give you power to move forward.
We often listen the quote “Never give up”. Many people say that giving up shouldn’t be an option in life. You must keep trying until you succeed.
Is this equitable for everyone in every situation?
What if you are chasing something wrong or it is not good for you at all? Would you still do that?
“Give up instantly” also has its value in our life. There are many things we do or choose but later we change our opinion about them. In such cases, we can’t keep holding our decisions.
How to decide between?
Don’t give up; If
- It is good for you and all.
- You & only your efforts can make it happen for you.
- It motivates you to work hard to get more.
- It enhances your knowledge, skills and experience.
- It really makes you feel happy and satisfied.
Give up instantly; If
- It is dangerous, harmful or against law.
- It makes you feel shameful or guilty.
- You feel this is not for you or you are at the wrong.
- It interrupts the development and crucial changes within you & your life.
- You need support or approval of others at your every step for next move.
Just remember, life is more than the few words written or said by others, you have your own wisdom to decide.
Sadness addiction (Revisited)
In sadness addiction, I wrote:-
“You can’t control your problems but can control the amount of your attention towards them.”
Just removal of sadness doesn’t ensure the happiness. You can never be happy If you associate your happiness with:-
- Your achievements
- Other’s actions
- Expectations of self or others
- Negative happening (loss/harm of others)
- Out of reach luxuries
If you get what you want or someone fulfills your expectations, you can be happy for a while but not forever.
You can be happy forever if you:-
- Make yourself and others free from expectations
- Remove conditions for being happy
- Choose forgiveness instead of anger and revenge.
- Give equal importance to the world exists inside you (Mind, heart,soul and physical body) like this outer world.
- Don’t try to control everything/everyone around you.
- Have learned the tactics of let the things go and move on.
Never depend on the others or few objects for your happiness. Do everything what makes you happy.
Never hesitate to say ‘no’. The people who really care for you would never mind, but If they do that means your happiness & decisions don’t matter for them.
Never feel bad if someone criticize or hurt you. This is a part of life.
Whenever you feel extreme grief or depression, suppose you are a free soul wandering around freely.
Just as a soul, what you need to be happy?
………… Only peace & peace.